Street & Garbage Department
- Garbage and Recycling services are handled by Waste Pro. Their phone number is 228-818-5393.
- View the Garbage Route (PDF) for the City of Ocean Springs
- View Waste Pro's Recycling Information
- We maintain three 30-yard roll-off dumpsters for City residents to dispose of yard trash at our Public Works Complex on Pine Drive. No household garbage is accepted, and it is free of charge.
- Residents can also dispose of rubbish at the Jackson County Landfill (Seaman Road) free of charge.
- View the Jackson County Landfill's information.
- The Public Works Department runs trash trucks through the neighborhoods the day after your scheduled Waste Pro pick-up. Please be advised that this schedule will alter due to holidays and any other unforeseen circumstances.
- Please note that not all items are eligible for pick-up.
- View our Trash/debris pick-up Ordinances as it relates.
- View a detailed list of information on trash/debris pick-up.
If there is a light out on your street or in your neighborhood please report the outage directly to your power company. For all other light outage issues, please contact Public Works at 228-875-3955.
- Singing River Electric Power Association
Report a power outage to Singing River Power Association.
Mississippi Power Company
Residential Customer Care
24 hours 7 days
Power Outage Reporting
Report a power outage to Mississippi Power Company
Animals On Roadways
Dead animals on the City right-of-way are picked up by this department. For issues with live animals, please contact Animal Control at 228-875-2211 or complete the Animal Control Form.
Before you Dig
Protect yourselves and your property against all underground utility damage and liability (not just City utilities such as water and wastewater pipes)
Call 811 before you dig to find out where the underground utility lines might be buried. The service is free and it's the law. Visit Mississippi 811 Website to find out more.