The Parks and Recreation Department offers a variety of youth and adult programs. We recognize the importance of providing safe, enriching, and stimulating programs that assist with your child's development in sports, skill-building, socialization, cultural exposure, and life lessons. Year-round we offer programs that encourage participation in recreational activities and leisure services.
Check the list of the various programs we currently offer in the City of Ocean Springs.
After School Program
Our After School Program gives children a safe place to participate in fun and games that encourage them to learn, get involved in physical activity, and explore their creativity. Children are given the opportunity to complete homework, create various crafts, work as a team in games, and sports, and just have a fun time while making new friends!
The After School Program is from 2 pm to 6 pm for children in grades K-6 during the school year. Tuition is $45 per week, with a $25 registration fee. We offer a $5 sibling discount which is applied to each child if you have more than one camper in our program. We provide transportation from Upper Elementary, Oak Park, Magnolia Park, and Pecan Park Elementary Schools to our Parks and Recreation building where campers are provided a snack, homework time, and choices in games and crafts. Campers are then broken down into age groups where they rotate activities. Our After School Care Program is a "full-time" program but we do offer two "vacation weeks" during the school year.
For more information on the After School Program and registration, please call at 228-875-8665 or Email Camp Coordinator.
Summer Camp Program
If you're looking for a summer camp experience that offers a variety of activities then you've come to the right place! Whether you're looking for active play, outdoor adventure, strategic games, or cultural activities, we have it all! Our goal is to provide your child with exciting experiences through supervised, structured recreation in a safe and welcoming environment. Focusing on youth development, our trained staff will guide your child through participation in a variety of activities, such as arts and crafts, swimming, skating, sports, bowling, dance, and more!
Ocean Springs Parks and Recreation "OSPR" is licensed through the state of Mississippi for children ages 5 to 12. As part of the summer program, we offer exciting field trips every day! Over the years we have had the pleasure of hearing stories from former park campers who fondly remember those exciting field trips but most importantly feeling like they had a place to play and be safe. We hope that we can meet your childcare needs and that your children will come and make their own memories to one day look back on.
Summer Camp Tuition is $75 per week with a $25 registration fee. We offer a $5 sibling discount which is applied to each child if you have more than one camper in our program. Summer Camp also has a field trip fee of $160 due at the beginning of camp. Our program is a 9-week "full-time" camp. We do offer one "vacation week" per summer.
Unfortunately, due to licensing requirements, space is very limited!! Parents are advised to contact the Parks Department to find out exactly when registration opens and to check back regularly on availability.
For more information regarding Summer Camp and registration, please call at 228-875-8665 or Email Camp Coordinator
With a variety of days and times available, pottery classes provide instruction in the making of wheel-thrown, handmade pottery.
- Instructed by Arts Coordinator Steve Burtt and Lisa Fazzio
- Classes meet at The Moving Arts Center, located on Middle St. in downtown Ocean Springs, adjacent to Freedom Field.
- The class fee is $200 for the 10-week course. The fee includes a pottery tool kit and the first 20 pounds of clay.
- For more information please contact Steve Burtt, at 228-233-4474.
This is an exciting program to appeal to young and old students alike.
- Classes meet every Tuesday and Thursday night at 6:30 pm at the Alice Street Recreation Facility located at 400 Alice Street
- Fees consist of a $25 registration fee and $50 a month per person.
- Please contact Bill Oster at 228-382-2697 for more information.
Table Tennis - it's not just ping-pong! It's a game that is ideal for everyone to play in either a recreational or competitive environment. The game requires and can help improve, quickness, hand-eye coordination, and focus. If you are looking for an entertaining recreational activity that is played indoors, join our table tennis club.
- The club meets every Monday night at 6:30 pm at the Ryan Youth Center at 726 Pine Drive
- The fee is $2 per person
- For more information please contact Mr. Weaver at 228-875-3349.
- Location: 415 B Halstead Road
- Group and Private Lessons, Clinics, League Play, and Special Events. Adults and Children are welcome
- For Lessons, League Play, Court Reservations, and Tournaments please Email Doug McPeek or call at 228-219-6979