What to Pack in Emergency Hurricane Bag
Emergencies can happen suddenly and you may not have time to pack. Your safety is most important – grab your loved ones and get out of harm’s way! However if you do have time to pack, please consider these tips.
• Prescriptions and any other emergency medications
• Extra clothing, pillows, hygiene supplies, comfort items
• Your child’s stuffed animal
• Blanket or other “lovey”
• Your emergency kit
• Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
• Important personal documents
• Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
• Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
• Chargers for any electronic devices
• Alcoholic beverages
• Illegal drugs
What about pets?
If it’s not safe for you to stay home, it’s not safe for your pet either. However, to maintain a safe and healthy environment in our shelters, pets are not allowed. Please make arrangements for your pet before coming to the shelter.