The 26th Annual Cruisin’ the Coast returns to the City of Ocean Springs on October 6th, 7th & 8th!
The City of Ocean Springs is excited to welcome cruisers across America to our charming small town! The Cruisin’ the Coast Downtown Footprint will be closed from 5:00 am – 8:00 pm on Thursday the 6th, 5:00 am – 11:00 pm on Friday the 7th, and 5:00 am – 8:00 pm on Saturday the 8th. The barricades will be placed Thursday morning starting at 5:00 am. Any vehicles within the footprint of the event at 3:30 am will be towed by 4:00 am. As always, it is at the discretion of local law enforcement as to whether it is in the interest of the public’s safety to add or remove a barricade.
**Only official Cruisin’ the Coast golf carts will be allowed within the footprint of the event**
The following streets will be closed:
- Washington Avenue from Highway 90 to Calhoun Avenue will be Northbound registered Cruisin’ the Coast Traffic ONLY
- Washington Avenue will be closed at Bowen Avenue and Joseph Street
- Robinson Street from Washington Avenue to Cash Alley
- DeSoto Street from Church Street to Washington Avenue will be Vendors ONLY
- Government Street from Washington Avenue to Handy Avenue will be Eastbound registered Cruisin’ the Coast Traffic ONLY
- Government will be closed at Bellande Avenue, Cash Alley, Kotzum Lane, Russell Avenue, State Street
- Porter Avenue from Jackson Avenue to Washington Avenue will be registered Cruisin’ the Coast Traffic ONLY
Roads will reopen at the discretion of the Ocean Springs Police Department.
Handicap parking for the event will be available at First Baptist Church parking lot. Public parking will be available at the Swingster property and Fallo-Pleasant Municipal Parking.
Ocean Springs School District buses will run as normal. Parents will have to walk to pick up and drop off their students at the following bus stops on Thursday, October 6th:
– Kotzum Avenue and Porter Avenue
– Russell Avenue and Porter Avenue
– Porter Avenue and Dewey Avenue
– Porter Avenue and Jackson Avenue
– Porter Avenue and Ward Avenue
– Government Street and Ward Avenue
Car registration will begin at 7:00 am every morning. The entertainment stage will be located at the Ocean Springs Chamber parking lot. The full entertainment schedule can be found at www.cruisinthecoast.com.
The Sock Hop & Street Party is set for Friday, October 8th. Enjoy music from Vince Vance & the Valiants, The Platters Great Pretender, and The Molly Ringwalds! Chick’s Picks winners will be announced at 7:00 p.m.
Sign up for CodeRed and follow the City of Ocean Springs on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for more updates. Be sure to share your Cruisin’ the Coast fun in Ocean Springs by tagging the city!