The Drainage Department is responsible for inspection, maintenance and repair of the storm drain system in the public right-of-way and in drainage easements. This includes clearing blocked drains, removing debris from storm drain structures, and cleaning and repairing damaged drain pipes.
- Performs sidewalk and curbing repairs on City right-of-way
- Performs maintenance of some City buildings
- Work Orders may be submitted by the Work Order link in the side bar
- Maintains a fleet of vehicles including excavators, bush-hogs, trash trucks and heavy duty trucks.
- Performs landscaping at City facilities, streets and right-of-ways
- Empties trash barrels along Front Beach and East Beach
- Stocks pet waste bins throughout the City
Before You Dig
Protect yourselves and your property against all underground utility damage and liability (not just City utilities such as water and wastewater pipes)
Call 811 before you dig to find out where the underground utility lines might be buried. The service is free and it’s the law. Got to www.ms811.org to find out more.