Truck Driver I
Status: Hourly, Full-Time, Benefits
Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Friday 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Works under the supervision of the Assistant/Department Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain valid driver’s license and/or Commercial Class driver’s license Class B
- Operate a heavy duty single axel dump truck
- Haul and dump dirt, refuse, etc at designated site
- Operate boom truck to pick up debris/trash
- Relieve laborers or other positions as required
- Maintain, clean and check equipment to ensure safe operation
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant/Supervisor or Directors
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to work well with the public and other employees
- Ability to perform any necessary tasks or functions during the recovery efforts as a result of natural or man-made emergencies or disasters
- Available to work extended hours during hazardous conditions as required
- Ability to communicate well and understand written or oral instructions; and read, analyze and interpret documents, instruction manuals, policies and procedures
- Ability to apply logical reasoning to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Prior experience as a heavy-duty truck operator is required. Must have and maintain a valid Mississippi Commercial Driver’s license Class B.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals, in some cases, with disability to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is also regularly required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb, balance and stoop. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Outdoor work in inclement weather is performed throughout the year.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
Note: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude then from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.