Temporary Grass Cutter
Status: Hourly, Part-Time
Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Friday 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
CHAIN OF COMAND/SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Crew Chief, Foreman, Asst/Department Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain road right-of-ways and easements using gas powered weed-eater, riding mower
- Provides general grass cutting maintenance
- Pick up trash on road right-of-ways as necessary
- Lifting, carrying, and holding materials, tools, and supplies
- Cleaning tools, equipment, materials, and work areas
- Performing a variety of other routine, non machine tasks
- Must be willing to perform full days of outdoor physical work in hot and humid conditions
- A working knowledge of the use of hand tools in grounds maintenance work
- Ability to follow directions in performing assigned tasks
- Ability to get along well with others and good physical condition
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
General experience in the performance of non-technical tasks in grass cutting maintenance or related work is recommended.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals, in some cases, with disability to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Outdoor work in inclement weather is performed throughout the year.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
Note: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude then from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Grass Cutter are hired on seasonal status basis on the length of the job and season. Seasonal employment will end at the conclusion of the season or job.