SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
Status: Hourly, Part-Time
Hours: Hours will vary
- Works approximately 10 hours a week during the school year.
- This position does not qualify for benefits.
- Directs school traffic and helps children arrive and leave school safely.
- Crossing Guards are responsible for making sure the children are safe entering and leaving school grounds.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at time of employment.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Must pass a drug test and background investigation.
- Must be in good general physical condition.
- Must be at the assigned duty location on time, which may vary from time to time.
- Must have good eyesight or correctible to 20/20 vision.
- Must have the ability to learn traffic control and vehicular direction.
- Must have the ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Must use sound common sense judgment in dealing with the public, parents and children.
Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.