Rental Events Attendant
Status: Hourly, Part-Time
Hours: Hours will vary
The Rental Events Attendant will monitor all rental facility events for the City of Ocean Springs, performs a variety of custodial tasks and is the point of contact for the customers in their use of the facility. Duties include supervising and cleaning rental facilities during use by private parties and community groups.
Works under the general supervision of the Parks Custodian Supervisor and Director of Parks and Recreation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Monitoring the Rentals:
This will include but is not limited to: the Senior Citizens Center, Ocean Springs Community Center, Alice Street, Ryan Youth Center and the Ocean Springs Civic Center.
- Serve as point of contact for users of facilities by providing requirements in regard to decorations, technical, security, and or other requirements. Assists in problem resolution and answers questions.
- Perform needed custodial duties to include restrooms, kitchen, auditorium, lobby, and meeting rooms.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in the operation of miscellaneous tools and equipment.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and citizens.
- Ability to tactfully and diplomatically enforce policies, rules and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER EVENTS:
- Open Building.
- Provide users of facilities with decorating rules.
- Take care of air conditioning and light settings.
- Empty trash as needed.
- Take care of problems as needed.
- Clean up reported spills.
- Keep restrooms and kitchen clean and well stocked with supplies.
- Empties trash cans throughout the facility as necessary during functions.
- Check tables.
- Empty all trash cans into the dumpster.
- Mop up all spills.
- Flush all toilets
- Check the stove to make sure it is off
- Check refrigerator to make sure all food removed
- Make sure all rental equipment/supplies are removed from building
- Make sure all lights and air conditioning units are set at proper temperature
- Lock all doors
- Set alarm
SCHEDULE OF HOURS:
- Work schedule will include: NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. EMPLOYEE’S HOURS WILL NOT BE THE SAME EVERY WEEK. EMPLOYEE WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK ALL FACILITIES RENTALS.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Valid State Driver’s License or ability to obtain one.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- REQUIRED: Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent.
- PREFERRED: One (1) year related experience including Facilities use.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk, hear and read, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will often be exposed to various household and commercial cleaning agents while providing basic janitorial services. The employee may also be subject to other odors or foreign substances while performing the routine tasks associated with this position. The employee is often required to lift and/or move up to seventy (50) pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud.
Formal application, rating of experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests may be required. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
Note: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.