Parks Maintenance Worker
Status: Hourly, Full-Time, Benefits
Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Friday 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Open till filled
The maintenance worker will assist in all phases of janitorial and maintenance, in varying degrees, to keep all Parks and Recreation Services fields and facilities in safe conditions.
The maintenance worker shall be of good physical and mental health, have the ability to follow directions of supervisors, have initiative to undertake a job and complete it, have the ability to get along with fellow workers, and be of good character.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Some general training and/or experience in performing technical tasks and using equipment for groundskeeping, landscaping, and/or field maintenance is required.
- The maintenance worker should have a current driver’s
- Must be physically able to work in the heat and cold when
- Must be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds to a height of two (2)
- Must be able to operate a riding lawnmower or small tractor, weed-eater, push mower, and other ground maintenance
- Must be able to dig, load, unload, mop, and handle small tools and
- Must have the visual and auditory skills to observe what needs to be done and to report to management when
- Making minor repairs to buildings, areas, and
- Mowing, cutting, trimming, weed-eating, & edging parks &
- Painting buildings, facilities, and equipment as
- Mopping, sweeping, and cleaning buildings and
- Setting up equipment and preparing facilities for use, including the marking of baseball, football, and soccer fields and
- Checking the areas for Collecting and disposing of trash and garbage.
- Maintaining playgrounds, fields, and facilities, and repairing or reporting any unsafe conditions or broken equipment, bleachers, to reduce risk of danger or injury to persons using grounds or facilities
- Additional duties may be required in special circumstances to meet the public service commitments of the City of Ocean Springs Parks and Recreation Services
- Occasional weekend and holiday work may be
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to loud. Outdoor work in inclement weather is performed throughout the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers, and feet to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is often required to climb and enter areas of construction which necessitate the use of all senses associated to indoor and outdoor work. The employee is often required to lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rating of education and experience Oral interview and reference check Job related tests may be required
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employees and is subject to change by the employer as the need of the employer and requirements of the job change.