Status: Hourly, Full-Time, Benefits
Hours: Hours will vary
Performs all duties required in custodial services pertaining to the upkeep of all facilities of Parks & Leisure Services and city buildings. Assists building maintenance staff in maintenance projects in addition to daily routine cleaning, mopping, and other custodial services.
Will perform other duties that may not be specified herein, at the direction of the Parks & Recreation Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs and coordinates activities regarding custodial services
- Performs routine mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, and dusting of all recreational facilities and city buildings including but not limited to parks, offices, buildings, restrooms, concessions as directed by supervisor
- Knowledge of appropriate cleaning agents, tools, resources and applications to efficiently maintain sanitary conditions at all recreational facilities
- Investigates and adjusts complaints on service; helps to comprise listing of necessary materials for custodial services and maintenance of facilities; receives work orders, ensures completion of work required by work orders, and properly processes completion documentation
- Required to have a good working knowledge of and experience in the procedures and practices relating to janitorial techniques and applications and repair of facilities and related activities.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- A thorough working knowledge of procedures to maintain adequate janitorial services to recreational facilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Two (2) years experience of custodial work.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent public relations skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other departments, officials, and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Thorough janitorial experience
- Experience with appropriate and necessary tools, cleaning agents, and resources to effectively maintain proper sanitary and desired conditions
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; hear; read; use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is often required to climb and enter areas of construction which necessitate the use of all senses associated to indoor and outdoor work. The employee is often required to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee will often be exposed to various household and commercial cleaning agents while providing basic janitorial services. The employee may also be subject to other odors or foreign substances while performing the routine tasks associated with this position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Formal application, rating of education and experience
- Oral interview and reference check
- Job related test may be required
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employees and is subject to change by the employer as the need of the employer and requirements of the job change.