How do I get a copy of my Incident Report or Accident Report? Is there a fee?

Incident/crime reports are available to involved parties on a case-by-case basis. The first copy of an incident report is free. Submit your request for these reports in person at the OSPD Records Office. Valid photo ID is required. Under no circumstances do we give out copies of reports that involve juveniles. 

Accident/crash reports are available online for a cost of $25 each through the State of Mississippi eCrash portal. They also are available at a cost of $20 each when you request in person at the OSPD Records Office. NOTE: Parking lot accidents are not on the eCrash portal; they are available only through our Records Office, and the cost is $20 each.

The Records Office accepts only EXACT CHANGE and only CASH or MONEY ORDERS. We also do not accept any bill higher than $20. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Show All Answers

1. When should I call 911?
2. Where is the Ocean Springs Police Department and when is it open?
3. How much is my OSPD ticket/fine, and how can I pay it?
4. How do I file a Police Report?
5. What should I do if I’m involved in a collision?
6. What should I do when I see flashing lights behind me?
7. Can a Police Officer require me to exit my car?
8. Can a Police Officer search my car without my permission?
9. May I record a Police Officer who has stopped me for a traffic violation?
10. What documents am I required to provide an officer on a traffic stop?
11. If I have a legally-owned firearm in my car, what should I do when stopped by a Police Officer?
12. Can I get my fingerprints done at the Police Department?
13. How do I get a copy of my Incident Report or Accident Report? Is there a fee?
14. Do you do background checks or criminal history checks? How much do they cost?
15. Can I get a TPO (Temporary Protective Order) at the Ocean Springs Police Department?
16. How do I obtain information through open records?
17. How do I deal with theft?
18. How can I speak to the detective/investigator assigned to my case?
19. Is it possible to get an extra patrol while away on vacation?