Ocean Springs, MS - The 45th annual Peter Anderson Arts & Crafts Festival will take place this weekend, Saturday, November 4th, and Sunday, November 5th in downtown Ocean Springs. Presented by Blue Moon, this year’s festival will include artisans, crafters, and food vendors, and live entertainment on both days.
Certain streets will be closed to thru traffic from 3 a.m. on Saturday, November 4, 2023, through 7 p.m. Sunday, November 5, 2023. Police are scheduled to lift barricades at 5 p.m. Sunday to allow vendors to exit the festival area. The roads within the footprint of the festival will remain closed to thru traffic until approximately 7 pm. As always, it is at the police discretion whether to add, remove, or relocate barricades.
No golf carts, skateboards, or bicycles will be allowed within the footprint of the festival. Vehicles parked within the festival footprint will be towed starting at 3:30 a.m. on November 4, 2023.
The following streets will be closed:
• Washington Avenue from Calhoun Street to Bienville Boulevard
• Government Street from Washington Avenue to Magnolia Street
• Porter Avenue from Bellande Avenue to Jackson Avenue
• DeSoto Street from Cash Alley to Church Street
• Bellande Avenue from Bowen Avenue to Government Street (intersections only)
• Kotzum Avenue from Bowen Avenue to Government Street (intersections only)
• Robinson Street will be open only to business and residential traffic
Recommended routes to downtown Ocean Springs:
• From HWY 90 westbound: South on Martin Luther King Avenue, West on Government Street, South on Magnolia Avenue then West on Porter Avenue.
From HWY 90 eastbound: South on Church Street, West on DeSoto Street, South on Jackson Avenue, then East on Calhoun.
Coast Transit Authority and YMCA will also be providing an off-site shuttle bus service during the Peter Anderson Arts and Crafts Festival. The CTA bus will pick up from the Greyhound Stadium (off Government Street and Hanley Road) and the YMCA buses will pick up from Ocean Springs Upper Elementary and Oak Park (off Government Street and Holcomb Blvd.). Buses will run every 30 minutes from the parking lots to the festival entrance on Government Street and Porter Avenue or Government Street and Magnolia Ave. Shuttle buses will be available on both days of the festival from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
On Saturday, Coast Transit Authority will provide an alternate public transit route for Ocean Springs – Route 7. Route 7 does not operate on Sundays. Riders are encouraged to pre-plan their trips accordingly.
For more information about the festival, please visit www.peterandersonfestival.com, or contact the organizers, Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce-Main Street-Tourism Bureau at 228.875.4424. Follow the Ocean Springs Chamber of Commerce and the City of Ocean Springs on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date.